Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2018 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
The Mankato Minnesota facility has several entry level production floor openings. As a member of the extrusion team you will be responsible for working safely, packaging product, machine setup and documentation. Troubleshoot and identify production issues and perform changeovers. As a key member of the team you will support the day to day functions on the manufacturing floor.
Berry offers a great benefit package; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD, and vacation
$500 sign on bonus after 90 days of employment
$15.00 starting pay with step increases up to $20.00 per hour
Hours: 12 hour rotating swing shift; working every other weekend; rotating schedule every 2 weeks, swing shift every 28 days from days to nights; 6 am and 6 pm start times
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working safely and knowledgeable of plant safety rules.
- Assist material handlers in packaging of rolls.
- Assist and perform equipment setup and operation changeovers.
- Perform quality tests as required by product specifications.
- Responsible for helping other associates and other duties may be assigned.
- Complete documentation regarding job duties and production accounting.
- Identifies and solves production problems.
- Assist with the training of extrusion personnel.
- Apply knowledge of end uses of products and how to impact them in production.
- Maintain proper quantities of all needed supplies.
- Perform and assist in equipment setup and operation changeovers.
- Perform ISO procedures per the training plan.
- Must be compliant with OJT Film Tech 1, 2, 3 (in house training)
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent, or prior extrusion experience or training.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Math calculations
- Read a tape measure
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Safety glasses, steel toed shoes, hearing protection required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location/Region: Mankato, MN