Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Medical Assistant
This position is responsible for facilitating the delivery of excellent and timely health services through skilled nursing assessments, treatments, education, and medical summaries for individuals served.
- Work closely with the Nursing Staff, Program Manager, Program Director, Trained Medication Aides, and Direct Support Professionals
- Collaborate regularly with licensed medical providers, Case Managers, Guardians, and Vocational providers.
- Completion of Medical Assistant program with certification as Medical Assistant (CMA)
- Additional experience with people with developmental disabilities preferred or as required by regulations.
- Must possess a valid driver s license and good driving record as defined by Harry Meyering s policy.
- Clear background checks as defined by regulations and policies.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to do daily standing, bending, and lifting.
- Interest in assisting people supported to achieve personal outcomes and to provide person-centered supports. Must possess good verbal, reading and written communication in English, basic math skills and basic computer skills. Ability and willingness to successfully complete and apply training.
- Have the ability to work effectively and harmoniously with others. Flexibility with respect to hours of work and changing conditions be of good moral character and have an interest in the welfare of the individuals, have training and/or interest in the field of developmental disabilities and have a willingness/ability to communicate with and relate to individuals, parents, guardians, fellow-staff, representatives of community agencies and company management.
- Week 1: Monday Thursday (12:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.) and Saturday (12:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.)
- Week 2: Sunday (12:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.), and Tuesday - Friday (12:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.)
- Week 3 & 4: Monday Friday (12:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.)
- Plus fill-in and holidays.
- Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of the Harry Meyering Center.
- Ensure individuals are provided with medical care and services to meet their needs and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for medication administration and treatments.
- Directly observe health conditions of each individual daily.
- Provide assistance for unit staff regarding care of persons home ill.
- Provide emergency medical care when on duty.
- Monitor the hospitalization stay of any individual.
- Ensure individual s medical records contain complete and accurate documentation per HMC policy and regulatory requirements.
- Provide ongoing coaching regarding care.
- Support team oriented work environments.
- Interacts with individuals in a genuine and respectful manner.
- Complete duties and projects as assigned by DNS.
- Demonstrates responsible work habits.
- Maintain MA Certification and pursue professional growth.
Associated topics: hematopathology, medical, mls, mlt, molecular, sample collection, sterile processing technician, technician i, technician ii, technician iii
Location/Region: Mankato, MN (US - 56001)