Industrial and Environmental Concepts, Inc. is seeking an individual to fill the position of Field Technician. This person will be expected to travel within the US (and occasionally Canada and Mexico) as needed. Work will consist of manufacturing and installing geomembrane covers and liners for waste applications in the commercial, agricultural and municipal markets at job sites around the US.
Field Technicians work from March/April until the end of November (or when the construction season closes for winter) and, with the exception of a few winter projects, are not generally required to report to work from December through the end of March. Some of the time before and after the construction season is spent for training, certifications, equipment maintenance, and administrative responsibilities.
If you have strong mechanical and/or construction skills, can travel extensively during the construction season, have a valid passport (or are willing to obtain one) and a U.S. driver’s license, then we want you to apply today!
IEC, Inc. offers:
- Competitive wages
- Hotel/Lodging will be provided by IEC
- Technicians are paid for travel (at lower rate)
- Per Diem is provided - $40.00/Day
- Comprehensive benefits that include: health, 401k, life insurance, long and short-term disability
- Extensive training, certification and advancement opportunities
- Able and willing to travel on a national level within the U.S and occasionally internationally to Canada and Mexico during the construction season from April through the end of November while possibly remaining on the road for the entire construction season.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License (CDL License a plus!)
- Pre-Employment drug screening is required
- Periodic drug screening during construction season, and some site-specific drug testing is required.
- Crews average 50-55 hours a week
- Crews work 6 Days a week (Mon – Sat) with Sundays off (generally)
- Crews will work Sundays as make up days if there are weather shut downs during standard work week or make up time is needed.
Items that are beneficial but not required
- Experience installing geomembranes
- Can operate Heavy Equipment, this includes a Telehandler and Skid Steer
- Valid Passport or willing to obtain one
Industrial & Environmental Concepts, Inc., (IEC), is widely recognized as the worldwide leader in the design, fabrication, and installation of industrial cover and liner systems. Incorporated in 1993, IEC has established itself as the industry leader in the modular and insulated cover market. Examples include pond, tank, lagoon and floating covers.
Industrial & Environmental Concepts, Inc., (IEC), is widely recognized as the worldwide leader in the design, fabrication, and installation of industrial cover and liner systems. Incorporated in 1993, IEC has established itself as the industry leader in the modular and insulated cover market. Examples include pond, tank, lagoon and floating covers