This position is responsible for cutting products at a Manufacturing company using common application techniques and products.
Work Activities: key tasks and responsibilities
• Plan work by reviewing work orders and incorporating maximum usage of material with minimum waste.
• Operate saw cutting structural steel and tubing.
• Be able to use tape measure for accuracy on cutting dimensions.
• Complete required documents.
• Possible grind or deburr parts and other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to bend, twist, climb and lift up to 75 pounds repeatedly alone.
• Must be able to lift up to 150 pounds with 1 person assisting.
• Must be able to operate a forklift and overhead hoist.
• Able to handle large steel beams safely.
• Operate safety equipment and observe strict safe work habits.
• Be able to perform general maintenance of saw.
• Must clean and organize work area throughout shift and at the end of shift.
• Must be able to respond quickly and smoothly to production and customer needs understanding changes to the schedule dictate the work performed.
• Must pass and maintain ability to wear appropriate PPE and monitoring requirements.
Skills and Abilities:
The following skills and abilities are required in order for a Saw Operator to consistently meet the highest levels of performance.
• Manage one’s time to maximize productivity.
• Train others to develop depth and support in the team.
• Recommend needed equipment, facilities, and materials.
• Look for ways to help people being conscious of a team concept.
• Determine the causes of technical problems and find solutions for them.
• Test and inspect products, services, or processes. Evaluate quality or performance.
• Determine the tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Maintain equipment on a routine basis.
• Assist or perform repair of machines or systems.
• High school diploma or GED required
Manufacturing / Metal Fabrication / Shop Job
Need experience in a metal fabrication environment.
Location/Region: Mankato, MN (US)