*To apply for this position, you must apply through the company website at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/24264
The Building Official is responsible for the administration of the Minnesota State Building Code, including code enforcement, development of policy and procedures, permit processing, plan review, building inspections, and the issuance of certificates of occupancy for code compliant buildings and structures in the city of Le Sueur, Minnesota. Provides for minimum requirements to safeguard the public health, safety, and general welfare throughout code-compliant buildings and structures.
Provide a leadership role in the management of the Building Inspection Program for the City of Le Sueur, Minnesota.
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of Building Official as required by the State Building Code.
- Assists the Community Development Director with the day-to-day administration of the City Code relating to land use/zoning.
- Reviews building permit applications and ensures that they are accurate, complete, and in compliance with City codes and requirements.
- Conducts standard zoning review (i.e. lot performance standards) in conjunction with building permit applications.
- Reviews detailed and complex building plans and specifications for compliance with city and state codes and regulations; approves plans for construction or identifies areas not complying with regulatory requirements.
- Performs inspections on all classifications of buildings and structures during construction, and upon completion, for conformity with approved plans and adopted building codes.
- Issues verbal and/or written orders for correction of faulty, improper or illegal construction.
- Administers the City’s Code Enforcement program by investigating zoning complaints, performing inspections, preparing letters, maintaining files, and obtaining compliance.
- Issues certificates of occupancy for buildings inspected and constructed in compliance with city and state codes.
- Receives and answers written, telephone and face-to-face inquiries concerning permits, building standards, and code requirements.
- Administers and enforces the City’s Rental Housing ordinance including inspections.
- Manages stormwater inspections and permit enforcement.
- Conducts field investigations for conformity to grading plans and drainage patterns.
- Coordinates communication between homeowners, builders, developers, and city staff and processes all data requests.
- Participates in professional/ public meetings and training, as required.
- Has working experience with Logis Permits & Inspections Software (PIMS).
Location/Region: Le Sueur, MN (US - 56058)